Can you believe I had the same vacuum for 7 years?
Not too long ago, the vacuum suddenly died, so I bought a new vacuum. When the new vacuum was delivered, I was finally able to clean out the carpet in my home.
Every time I clean my house, it amazes me how much dust, dirt and fibers accumulate and I don’t notice until I use a bagless vacuum and I can see what was not visible before.
And I realize, every single time, that I was breathing all of that and all those germs were entering my body! YIKES!
Once my house was clean, it felt sooo good to breathe in fresh and clean air, and luckily, my immune system is very strong, and I don’t get sick.
Putting off updating our systems, such as our Internet browser, poses an invisible danger, similar to the dust and dirt in our homes.
Not updating your programs and systems means your computer and devices are accumulating bugs, vulnerabilities, and holes that are invisible to us. However, these are visible to Cybermonsters, and used by them to break into our lives!
When Cybermonsters enter your world, they compromise your cyber health. They get access to your personal information, your banking details, online transactions and more, and you will have to deal with the devastating consequences.
Gratefully, we have a choice! In the same way we must frequently clean up our homes, we must clean up our browser and systems on a regular basis.
Browsers are important because they allow us to access the Internet, visit websites, and convenient activities such as managing our banking and shopping at our favorite retail stores.
Some of the most commonly used browsers include Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox. Make sure your operating system is running the latest version.
Each browser and operating system is different, but most browsers today have a feature to auto-update or they are updated when you keep your operating system up to date.
How to update your browser and boost your cyber immune system:
- On your iphone/ipad – go to settings>general> tap on Software Update – This will keep your Safari browser up to date.
- If you are running Chrome, Firefox or any other browser in you iphone/ipad visit the App Store and tap in your profile, scroll down to “Available updates” and update them if listed. I update all the apps that are listed for an update, I do this every week as part of my cleaning devices routine.
- On your Mac – go to system preferences>Software update and select update if there is one available.
- On your Android phone or table open Google Play
- If you are running Chrome, Firefox or any other browser in you Android device visit Google Play and tap on the menu at the top left corner of the screen. Tap on My apps and tap on the Update button if an update is available.
While it will take a few minutes to make these updates, these few minutes could be saving you from the potential dangers to your cyber world.
Do you update your browsers? I am excited to hear from you!